Can't Launch Sanatorium or Hospice Please Help!!!

Found a bug? Can't start a certain map? Report it here (This section is for the maps that are NOT on the unity engine)

Can't Launch Sanatorium or Hospice Please Help!!!

Postby Jdawg1563 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am

So i download the the game, extract the files and everything. Then i start up the game normally and it works. It plays the music, shows the tiny pic that says Hospice or Sanatorium in it in the little square.

Then, the two options come up like normal, Launch or exit, but when i click launch, the music completely stops, and the square just stays there and doesn't launch the game. The Launch menu just stays on the screen even if u click launch multiple times. I've tried restarting my computer and running the compatibility mode to the type of windows my computer has, but it doesn't Work. Please Help!!!!!
Jdawg1563

Re: Can't Launch Sanatorium or Hospice Please Help!!!

Postby CrowGaming » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 pm

What OS are you running?
CrowGaming

Postby SlenderSeeker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Same issue. Cannot launch Sanatorium, Mansion, or 7th Street. Fiddled with the other four maps and they all work just fine. But not those three.

Guess I have to wait for the re-release of Sanatorium and use that, and I guess I'll never get to play Mansion or 7th Street since I'd have to buy those (Carnival too).
"Fear the man, the Slender Man / For he can do what no man can."
SlenderSeeker

Postby LadyPakenham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

I had your same exact problem. Running in compatibility mode didn't work for me, downloading DLLs and putting them in System32 didn't work, and messing with the setup.ini files didn't work. I had to do a full installation of the newest DirectX.

1) Download this version of DirectX:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

2) Create a "DirectX" folder anywhere on your computer (I have a "Slender" folder for all the games on my Desktop, so I put the DirectX folder in there).

3) Extract all the files from the ZIP folder you just downloaded to the DirectX folder you just created. (Notice that you're not putting anything in System32.)

4) Open up that folder and search through the gazillions of files to find dxsetup.exe. Run it.

5) Follow the installation wizard and it'll set up the whole thing for you, and you should be good to go.

I'm sorry if you've already done this and it didn't work--but hopefully you're having the same issue that I did. Some people seem to be able to get away with downloading a single DLL and placing it in System32, but I had to install the whole damn thing. Once I did, however, all the games worked just fine. Some lagged a bit, but that's easily corrected and you can find information on what to do in the README files.

Let me know if that works! I've got my fingers crossed for you.
For more Lokis, Bendytoots Crankydimples and Alex Krillie fanart, please visit my tumblr: http://arbelathewhitehat.tumblr.com/
LadyPakenham

Postby VideogameChicken » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:08 pm

That happens to me on every map and I really want to play them. :(
VideogameChicken

Postby Kronyklos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 am

VideogameChicken wrote:That happens to me on every map and I really want to play them. :(

Have you got the new version? The one that costs $7? Because they all work fine.
If someone's actually reading this, then you're on the extinct forum known as Slenderman's Shadow! Enjoy your 10-minute long stay! Or don't, if you're a bot.
Kronyklos

Return to Bug Reports - Old Maps