Unable to play 5/7 maps....plz help

Found a bug? Can't start a certain map? Report it here (This section is for the maps that are NOT on the unity engine)

Unable to play 5/7 maps....plz help

Postby Slendysgirl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 am

For some reason only 2 of the 7 maps will play. The others will unpack and I can launch them and they get to the loading screen but after it gets done loading the game just closes. It doesn't give me any error code it just closes. The only 2 maps that work are 'Elementary' and 'Claustrophobia'. Is there any way to fix this??????
"The only place I know where success comes before work is in the dictionary."
"Don't stop or he takes you."
Slenderman
Slendysgirl

Re: Unable to play 5/7 maps....plz help

Postby LadyPakenham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Slendysgirl wrote:For some reason only 2 of the 7 maps will play. The others will unpack and I can launch them and they get to the loading screen but after it gets done loading the game just closes. It doesn't give me any error code it just closes. The only 2 maps that work are 'Elementary' and 'Claustrophobia'. Is there any way to fix this??????

What operating system do you use? I'm assuming Windows (if you get any of them to work at all), but what version?

Second, do you have this version of DirectX installed? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
For more Lokis, Bendytoots Crankydimples and Alex Krillie fanart, please visit my tumblr: http://arbelathewhitehat.tumblr.com/
LadyPakenham

Postby Slendysgirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 am

I'm using windows 7 and I have the .dll and the most recent directX download and all of the updated versions of the maps. I've managed to get two of them working at least but the others won't work. I think there was once when 'Prison' gave me an error message saying something like something is missing in "page 2" and I have no idea what that meant.
Slenderman
Slendysgirl

Postby SlenderSeeker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 am

Have you tried just setting all of the maps to run with admin privileges (assuming you run Windows here since the Legacy maps only work on Windows)? That's what fixed both my launching and non-loading issue. If that doesn't help you could always try different compatibility modes.

What version of Windows do you run?
"Fear the man, the Slender Man / For he can do what no man can."
SlenderSeeker

Postby Slendysgirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 am

I'm using windows 7 and yes I have tried different ways to run the games including run as admin but the only thing that happens is the game will unpack and I can click launch and it will launch but after it gets done loading the game instead of going to the intro it just exits. The only two that don't do that are 'Elementary' and 'Claustrophoba'. That confuses me though because why can those two run but the other five won't?
Slenderman
Slendysgirl

Postby SlenderSeeker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 am

Do you have the proper .dll in System32 (AND in SysWOW64 if you're running the 64-bit system version)? Do you have the most up-to-date DirectX? You sure? :3

Maybe try updating DirectX again. You could try some of the fixes in this thread too: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=457
"Fear the man, the Slender Man / For he can do what no man can."
SlenderSeeker

Postby Slendysgirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 am

Yes I have the right .dll. I downloaded the .dll from the faq page and I just updated directx just a couple days ago so I'm pretty sure it's not that. But sometimes I will get an error message saying that something is missing from page 2 whatever that means.
Slenderman
Slendysgirl

Postby LadyPakenham » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Slendysgirl wrote:Yes I have the right .dll. I downloaded the .dll from the faq page and I just updated directx just a couple days ago so I'm pretty sure it's not that. But sometimes I will get an error message saying that something is missing from page 2 whatever that means.

That's really bizarre. I've never heard of that bug before.
For more Lokis, Bendytoots Crankydimples and Alex Krillie fanart, please visit my tumblr: http://arbelathewhitehat.tumblr.com/
LadyPakenham

Postby Slendysgirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:14 pm

My dad says that it's something missing from the game launcher but I don't see how that's possible seeing as only one map gives me that error. The other ones except for the two just don't play. I've even tried redownloading them but that didn't even work. I'm getting a new computer soon so I hope they will work on it. I'm starting to think that it has something to do with the computer I'm using.
Slenderman
Slendysgirl

Postby LadyPakenham » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Slendysgirl wrote:My dad says that it's something missing from the game launcher but I don't see how that's possible seeing as only one map gives me that error. The other ones except for the two just don't play. I've even tried redownloading them but that didn't even work. I'm getting a new computer soon so I hope they will work on it. I'm starting to think that it has something to do with the computer I'm using.

Maybe it is; like a problem with your copy of Windows or something. I hope it works!
LadyPakenham

Next

Return to Bug Reports - Old Maps