All Maps won't run. And Mansion Bug.

Found a bug? Can't start a certain map? Report it here (This section is for the maps that are NOT on the unity engine)

All Maps won't run. And Mansion Bug.

Postby Proward » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 am

Everytime I start them up, the loading screen comes (Black and white bar at bottom), and once it reaches 100%, it freezes for 5 seconds, and then a notification comes up saying "Cant Read Line blahblah". Also, on Mansion, Slenderman just freaks out. The second time I played it, I died on 0/12 Mementos because he was litteraly right on top of me, and I started the game about 1 minute becore I died.
Proward

Re: All Maps won't run. And Mansion Bug.

Postby Kronyklos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 am

Ok... that's kinda weird...
But, it sounds like you are using the legacy maps (the old ones). Are you? It would help if we knew.
If someone's actually reading this, then you're on the extinct forum known as Slenderman's Shadow! Enjoy your 10-minute long stay! Or don't, if you're a bot.
Kronyklos

Postby LadyPakenham » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 am

Kronyklos wrote:Ok... that's kinda weird...
But, it sounds like you are using the legacy maps (the old ones). Are you? It would help if we knew.

The "Bug Reports - Old Maps" section is only for Legacy Maps. That's why there are two bug sections, otherwise it would be pretty confusing! :)

Proward, there's a thread dedicated to glitch-fixes here. Take a look and see if any of this might help you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=457
For more Lokis, Bendytoots Crankydimples and Alex Krillie fanart, please visit my tumblr: http://arbelathewhitehat.tumblr.com/
LadyPakenham

Postby Kronyklos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 am

LadyPakenham wrote:
Kronyklos wrote:Ok... that's kinda weird...

The "Bug Reports - Old Maps" section is only for Legacy Maps. That's why there are two bug sections, otherwise it would be pretty confusing! :)

Proward, there's a thread dedicated to glitch-fixes here. Take a look and see if any of this might help you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=457

GOD DANGIT. I am an idiot. Why do I not read the category names???
If someone's actually reading this, then you're on the extinct forum known as Slenderman's Shadow! Enjoy your 10-minute long stay! Or don't, if you're a bot.
Kronyklos

Postby TheWalshinator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:26 am

Yeah, it may be a DirectX issue or it might be an installation issue...
Try reinstalling the games and installing the latest version of DirectX
TheWalshinator

Postby Trenderman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 am

Not sure if this is off topic or not, but a similar thing happened about last year when Mansion was first released (pretty sure it was September 8th?) When me and a friend of mine started it up, we decided to head to the Dining room behind the statue, as soon as we go to the statue, I look up and slendy is just standing on the balcony in the entrance (infront of the staircase room)
For some reason, the static wasn't coming up though. (my friend was getting up when he heard the piano sting, so he fell face-first on the rug)
As for the glitch itself, all I did was uninstall some old junk, and make sure our directx was updated, and we were able to play it.
(also, a easter egg or glitch, your guess is as good as mine, if you press one of the number keys you automatically collect a note, I forgot which though, and it only works on the Legacy version of Mansion)
tl;dr - Slender can still be frightening in many ways other than piano stings or static)
Trenderman

Postby TheWalshinator » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:36 am

Trenderman wrote:tl;dr - Slender can still be frightening in many ways other than piano stings or static)

Quite right. People tend to think that jumpscares make a game scary, but really it's the whole environment, the soundtrack, etc. that is really important to the gameplay experience.
If you don't have any immersion in a horror game like Amnesia, or S:TEP, you'll mistake games like Jeff the Killer (which was HORRIBLY made, just saying) to be scary.
TheWalshinator

Postby Kronyklos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mansion had a lot of bugs.
Kronyklos

Postby ScaredSmiley » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

TheWalshinator wrote:
Trenderman wrote:tl;dr - Slender can still be frightening in many ways other than piano stings or static)

Quite right. People tend to think that jumpscares make a game scary, but really it's the whole environment, the soundtrack, etc. that is really important to the gameplay experience.
If you don't have any immersion in a horror game like Amnesia, or S:TEP, you'll mistake games like Jeff the Killer (which was HORRIBLY made, just saying) to be scary.

I'd wish that someone made a proper game for the guy.
Rest in peace best forum ever.

my soundcloud if someone still cares x'D
ScaredSmiley

Postby TheWalshinator » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:27 am

ScaredSmiley wrote:
TheWalshinator wrote:

I'd wish that someone made a proper game for the guy.

DLC in AH? :?
TheWalshinator

Next

Return to Bug Reports - Old Maps